face Yourself

.... "but, but look at the beautiful view!"

I would like to think that I'd be like this pig I photographed on the way back from Colorado. It seems not to give a damn what is coming at the end of this truck ride. Granted, it probably has no idea and luckily so. But there is a chance, taking in consideration their intelligence, it could realize something. It could be getting some idea, some inkling, some vibrations either from the other travelers or the travelers who left their scent behind. In any event, for me this pig signifies a calm it took on for itself before the storm. The feelings I had many times in my life when I just could not get so upset or depressed like the others around me. In fact there were others, ones I thought so close, that got all upset and mad at me because I wasn't letting myself get all upset and dramatic like they were. Imagine that, hating others that don't get upset with you. We're an interesting breed.

But there were still some times in the morning that I would look in the mirror and have to make a funny face at myself. Most times now I smile at myself and say, "good morning JR, I love you, man" and that's enough to break out of the gloom. But there are times, particularly Monday mornings, that a funny face sure began to help, but the Beta mind and ego was just too powerful. I had to literally tickle myself to get the 'show on the road' so I could function that day, that day, at my usual optimistic self. Ya see, I wouldn't have it any other way, and wouldn't ever, ever, want to be around anybody that would compromise me from being me. The Me I know and love. Period.

With meditation as my 'tonic,' and this added morning exercise of a funny face, negativity had no chance in hell of success in ruining my day, the only day I have. And that goes for the day that all of us dread. The day after a nice weekend. A weekend of having time-off and being away from work; especially so if we dislike or even hate the work that we signed on to do so we can pay our bills. And that thought helps to, mind you. To shift the thoughts by saying to yourself, "if I didn't go to work today, and the rest of this week, I'd probably be on the street homeless! I wouldn't be able to live here in the first place and be in this nice warm steamy bathroom looking at myself in the mirror and waiting for the miracle of a smile to reflect back at myself!"

Funny, did ya ever think, 'well hey it's all just a thought man?'  When you had a three day weekend, and had Monday off, the Tuesday took on the 'Monday feeling' you usually had when facing yourself in the mirror. There ya go. Monday is just like any other day. Monday is Friday with only a different kind of thought separating them. And if that doesn't work for you at the moment, think the thought that, 'after today I will be closer to Friday, or closer to Wednesday,' that is called 'hump-day' for this special reason. And on top of that what will really help to face Monday better is making a funny face at yourself in the mirror, or any mirror you come in contact with in your day. Between you and me, there isn't a mirror I pass that I don't smile at myself at, or at least wink at myself. But, if you need more time for Yourself to smile and make a funny face for Monday, instead of running to the bathroom for a mirror all the time, I started this Facebook page to help. Take a funny face Monday selfie. And since H A P P I N E S S is contagious, as well as very healthful, there will be others that will benefit from it as you will. Because, as I said in the beginning of my simple guide to meditation, 'Y O U r o c k.'

..... and so 'when you're chewin' on Monday's gristle, don't grumble and frown, give it a whistle and make a #FunnyFaceMonday at it !......and it doesn't have to be Monday either.


Always Look on the Bright Side of Life Song-text

Some things in life are bad they can really make you mad
Other things just make you swear and curse
When you're chewin' on life's gristle, don't grumble give a whistle
And this'll help things turn out for the best

And always look on the bright side of life
Always look on the light side of life

If life seems jolly rotten there's something you've forgotten
And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing
When you're feeling in the dumps don't be silly chumps
Just purse your lips and whistle, that's the thing

And always look on the bright side of life
Come on, always look on the bright side of life

For life is quite absurd and death's the final word
You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin, give the audience a grin
Enjoy it it's your last chance anyhow

So always look on the bright side of death
Just before you draw your terminal breath

Life's a piece of shit when you look at it
Life's a laugh and death's a joke it's true
You'll see it's all a show keep 'em laughing as you go
Just remember that the last laugh is on you
And always look on the bright side of life
Always look on the right side of life
And always look on the bright side of life
Always look on the right side of life



No comments:

Post a Comment